SERMACS 2023, Durham, NC
October 25-28, 2023
-CALL FOR AWARD NOMINATIONS-
Deadline: August 1, 2023
- ACS E. Ann Nalley Regional Award for Volunteer Service to the American Chemical Society– This award was instituted in 2006 by ACS Past President E. Ann Nalley as part of her presidential initiative to recognize ACS volunteerism. With this award we recognize the volunteer efforts of individuals who have served the American Chemical Society, contributing significantly to the goals and objectives of the Society through their regional activities.
- ACS Stanley C. Israel Award for Advancing Diversity in the Chemical Sciences– The Stanley C. Israel Regional Award recognizes individuals and/or institutions that have advanced diversity in the chemical sciences and significantly stimulated or fostered activities that promote inclusiveness within the ACS Regions.
- ACS CHED Southeastern Regional Award for Excellence in High School Teaching– The Division of Chemical Education (DivCHED) established an endowment to support Regional Awards for Excellence in High School Teaching in each of the ACS Regions.
- SERMACS Industrial Innovation Award– The award celebrates the successful innovations of industrial chemists and chemical engineers that contribute to the health of their local and regional economy and the corporate leadership for its advancement of a healthy economy.
- Partners for Progress and Prosperity Award– This award recognizes the efforts in which 1) improves the public perception and appreciation for chemistry, 2) promotes chemical career advancement or entrepreneurship, 3) advances chemical enterprise advocacy, or 4) supports STEM education and/or research.
Click above for more details of award descriptions, submission information, and forms.